Job Opportunity: Executive Director
Who We Are
The Wooden Boat Museum of Newfoundland and Labrador operates as a professional archivist, conservator, exhibitor and transmitter of the Province’s knowledge and history of wooden boats and their builders. Our Museum headquarters is located in Winterton, NL.
We are currently seeking a dynamic candidate for the position of Executive Director.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible to:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and manage all Museum functions under the direction of the Board of Directors
- Provide leadership and management of all day-to-day operations of the Museum
- Lead, develop, and execute the Museum’s strategic plan to successfully achieve goals and objectives
- Promote Museum partnerships, sponsorships, memberships, programming on and off site, revenue development and special projects
- Responsible for all funding and grant applications and to prepare all payment claims and advance requests
- Perform all accounting functions including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, financial analysis and payroll
- Give direction and provide oversight to Museum’s staff and volunteers
- Oversee all aspects of collections management, preservation, conservation and care of exhibits and artifacts
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Folklore, History, Anthropology, or other degree applicable to the mandate of the Museum or equivalent experience and training
- Experience in fundraising, marketing and communications
- Experience in the heritage field, including museum operations, best practices and collections management
- Self-starter who demonstrates enthusiasm for the role, takes initiative with the ability to plan, organize, manage, multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Simply Accounting, ADP Payroll system and PastPerfect collections management software
Our Work Environment
- We offer a competitive compensation package
- Flexibility with time is essential as attendance at meetings/events will be required after business hours.
- Place of residence is flexible based on work conditions
If you are an initiative-taking dynamic leader and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!