Nutrition Break Sponsor
Funded in part by:
Friday, September 28, 2018
Isles Wooden Boat Builders Museum (Parish Hall)
|09:00 AM||Taking lines from Boat – J.M. Olds Collegiate Industrial Arts Class|
|02:00 PM||Registration – Isles Wooden Boat Builders Museum – St. Peter’s Parish|
|02:00 PM||Heritage Experiences / Boats in the Harbour|
|07:00 PM||Meet & Greet -Official Opening of Conference – Anchor Inn|
Saturday, September 29, 2018
|09:00 AM||Registration – Lions Club|
|09:30 AM||Opening Remarks – Twillingate Isles / WBMNL Partnership Conference Chair|
|09:45 – 10:30 AM|| Session 1 – “Working Together to Build Partnerships – How Your DMO Can Help”
Kathi Stacey, Executive Director – Legendary Coasts DMO
|10:30 – 10:45 AM||Coffee Break|
|10:45 – 11:15 AM||Session 2 – Partnering with MUN to Build Boats|
|11:15 – 11:45 AM||Session 3 – Partnering with Municipalities to Build Boats (Portugal Cove – St. Phillips)|
|11:45 AM – 12:30 PM||Session 4 – Boat Builder Demonstrations|
|12:30 – 01:30 PM||Lunch|
|01:30 – 02:15 PM||Session 5 – Isles Family of Wooden Boat Builders|
|02:15 – 03:00 PM|| Session 6 – Partnering with Builders to Preserve our Heritage
Crystal Braye / Jerome Canning & Panel of Isles Wooden Boat Builders
|03:00 – 03:30 PM||Coffee Break|
|03:30 – 04:00 PM||Annual General Meeting|
|07:00 PM||Conference Dinner – Lion’s Club………Kitchen Party to follow at Orange Lodge|
- Kathi Stacey will start the morning off with a presentation on the importance of
working together to build partnerships and how our Destination Management Organizations can help. Following Kathi’s presentation we will have two presentations on how the Museum partnered with other organizations to build boats! The morning will conclude with our ever popular “Boat Builders Demonstrations” where our members will share their skills, knowledge – and of course stories – with us.
- The afternoon sessions will begin with a presentation on the Isles Family of Wooden Boat Builders and conclude with our Folklorist (Crystal Braye) and Master Boat Builder (Jerome Canning) chatting with local builders.
Show & Tell / Demonstrations
- Do you have any models, half models, three piece molds, pictures or any other items you would like others to see? Do you have a design or building technique that you’d like to share with others? We will have space available for you to set up your display and an opportunity for you to chat with conference delegates. If you plan on bringing things to display and / or would like to participate in our demonstrations please contact Beverley King at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 709-583-2070 and we’ll reserve a space for you.
- Our Kitchen Party has been a major success at past conferences! Be sure to bring along your guitars, accordions, ugly sticks, etc. and join our Kitchen Party MC’s Eleanor Manuel and Kim Osmond, onstage Saturday night at the Orange Lodge!
- Again this year we are pleased to be offering a spouse’s program – details to follow.
- Please fill out the registration form with all required details along with your PayPal submission
REGISTRATION FORM SUBMISSION
REGISTRATION PAYMENT DETAILS
- The Anchor Inn has reserved a block of rooms and will offer discounted rates to our conferenceattendees. To reserve your room call 1-800-450-3950 and quote discount code WBC2018.A complete list of accommodations in Twillingate can be found at http://visittwillingate.com.